Directors seek to appoint a part time Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant with immediate effect, initially until July 2018
Grade 4 currently £16,363-£18,525 full time equivalent
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to providing high quality learning for all children and wishes to appoint an SEN Teaching Assistant to support an individual pupil in KS2. This post is initially for 15 hours per week for the 2017-18 academic year. It is anticipated that the hours of work will be 10am to 1pm. Pro rata Salary Range £5,497-£6,224pa. Actual place on Scale will be dependent on qualifications and experience. (Applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications are desirable.)
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to support individual pupils to access the curriculum within a mainstream class;
- Support individual pupils on a one-to-one basis or in a small group to develop their social skills eg. taking turns, language skills and motor skills;
- Contribute towards IEP Reviews, Annual Reviews and target setting;
- Have a passion and motivation for improving the lives of all children;
- Have an optimistic attitude and be flexible to the demands of the job;
- Demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative;
- Be patient and able to stay calm and listen and value children’s views;
- Be able to work as part of a team and be expected to contribute to its development;
- Have the ability to strictly maintain confidentiality;
- Be suitably qualified for the post of Teaching Assistant ie to have good basic literacy and numeracy skills (to GCSE level or above) and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Have experience of some behaviour management techniques.
- We can offer you:
- Wonderful children who thrive in a high quality learning culture;
- Skilled and friendly colleagues who strive to do the best for the children in their care;
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other.
- If you are looking for role that will challenge and test your skillset and you would like to be considered for this post, please download an application pack below (also available on our school website www.wardenparkprimary.co.uk). Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org Visits to our school are highly recommended and most welcome by prior appointment with the school office. If you have any questions, or would like to arrange a tour, please contact the office for assistance either by telephone (01444 451264) or email.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and Criminal Records Bureau clearance as well as other pre-employment checks.
Closing Date: Friday 15th September at 12pm
Interview Dates: Week beginning Monday 18th September 2017
SEN TA Job Description
SEN TA Person Specification
Support Staff Application Form