Friends of Warden Park
Unashamedly a fundraising body - established and run by the parents of students of Warden Park
Due to the generosity of parents, former pupils and friends like you, Friends of Warden Park has been able to provide numerous additional facilities for the Academy over many years. We need your support to continue this good work. There are lots of ways in which you can help, either with your time or through our various financial options.
All Friends (parents, governors and teachers) are welcome to attend FOWP committee meetings. These are usually held at 7.30pm on the second Wednesday of each month during the school year. Just follow the signs from Warden Park main reception.
Our fundraising activities include:
- Find a Fiver: Donate a regular amount each year (normally people give between £5 and £50 per year). You can do this via Find a Fiver on ParentPay. You can increase your donation at no further cost to you by using Gift Aid.
- The 300 CLUB - our monthly cash prize draw. For only £20 a year (under 39p a week), you can help Friends of Warden Park raise vital funds for the school and have a chance to win one of three cash prizes every month! Go to ParentPay or see the application form for details.
- Did you go to Warden Park? Click here to join our alumni association today!
- Be active and involved. Join the group of parents who help run events. This is the best way of getting to know the staff and the school which your children attend. Contact Becky Girvan if you are interested in helping, giving your name, address, telephone and student contact details (name and tutor group), and we will contact you.
- Attend our varied and entertaining fund raising and social events. Why not organise a group of your friends to support the school? Ideas for new events would be welcomed.
WHAT WE SPEND YOUR MONEY ON: GREAT PROJECTS TO BENEFIT OUR STUDENTS
Over the past few years we have provided funds for a number of projects including:
- £8,000 towards the new 3G Pitch
- £10,000 for a new minibus for children to attend events
- £ 5,000 on more data projectors within the school
- £ 30,000 on outside seating and social areas in the playground
- £ 3,000 for new basketball hoops and boards
- £ 5,000 for sport coaches to support after school activities
- £ 2,000 for new table tennis tables
- Outside Canopy
- Enrichment Fund
- Trampoline coaching
FOWP events calendar
||New parents evening
||Bonfire night event
||Year 7 Disco and Christmas Fair
||Primary Cross Country
||Year 7 induction packs distributed
||Wine quiz night and GCSE showcase evening