Community and Friends of Warden Park
Want to donate to or sponsor us?
We are grateful for any donations you may wish to make towards academy development. Our funding from the Government does not always provide for investment in new initiatives.
If you would like to discuss upcoming initiatives and pledge a contribution towards them, either by making a donation (please email email@example.com) or discuss a business sponsorship package, (please email firstname.lastname@example.org ) and we will contact you to discuss further.
Warden Park Secondary Academy will work hard to keep you informed and up-to-date about the benefits your gift has made to the community, as well as other methods of donating as they arise.
If you would like to make a more general donation to school life, please see the Friends section below.
FRIENDS OF WARDEN PARK
We are a friendly group of parents and supporters helping raise funds for projects that benefit our current and future students.
Due to the generosity of parents, former pupils and friends like you, Friends of Warden Park has been able to provide numerous additional facilities for the Academy over many years. We need your support to continue this good work. There are lots of ways in which you can help, either with your time or through our various fundraising activities.
Joining the FoWP is a great way to engage with your child’s education and the school, and to meet other parents and staff. You are welcome to attend the FOWP committee meetings that are usually held a couple of times per half term. They are an opportunity to discuss and plan upcoming events and fundraising activities in addition to interacting with the School management, getting an update on decisions affecting our students and having space to provide feedback to them from a parent’s perspective and asking them any questions you may have
We organise raffles, a monthly prize draw, social events such as quiz nights, and we serve refreshments at key school events. We promise you won’t have to join a committee, or bake cupcakes, and if like many of us you don’t have any spare time, there are still lots of easy ways you can help the school by purchasing tickets and attending events.
We now have a Friends of Warden Park Facebook page where we will keep you updated with our fundraising goals, 300 Club draws, events that are taking place such as our regular meetings, or where we need volunteers. Please join us and become part of our Friends group, search for Friends of Warden Park Secondary Academy.
Please complete a Gift Aid form if you have made any donations recently to enable us to claim up to 25% of your donation and increase our fundraising at no extra cost to you
- This year, the school need our help to raise £15,000 towards building work for a new Dance Studio, and to support the extension of our SEN Centre. This equates to £10 per child currently enrolled at Warden Park. Please use ParentPay to make your donation towards this target and complete a GiftAid form to enable us to claim an extra 25% of your donation
- In November & December we hold a Christmas Raffle to raises money towards a general fundraising “pot” that enables us to quickly provide any funds the school may ask us for. We need both prizes to be donated and ticket to be purchased. Can your business help?
Ongoing Fundraising Activity
- The 300 Club – purchase a ticket for £20 and go into a monthly draw. Prizes are based on the value of the numbers of tickets sold. We will be using Facebook to let you know the winners and remind you to renew your tickets. Tickets can be purchased on your ParentPay account
- Find a Fiver – this is a longstanding fundraiser available on your ParentPay account
- EasyFundraising and Amazon Smile are both ways you can contribute to our fundraising without it costing you a penny. Our initial target is to increase the number of members on each platform to 150 this year
- School events – once there are some! Quiz nights, parents evenings, Shows and Concerts are events either organised or supported by the Friends.
Warden Park Secondary Academy has a thriving former pupils' alumni network, now with nearly 600 signed up to "give back" in a variety of ways, offering time, experience and insight to current students. Any interested former students can sign up easily and quickly at https://networks.futurefirst.org.uk/former-student/wardenpark
There is no commitment to do anything other than register via Future First, who provide the platform for our network. You can select how you might like to help the school when you access the link (no obligation at any time, no membership fees).
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING ARE:
- Put something back into Warden Park and its current pupils – mentoring, Young Enterprise, be a role model, offer work experience.....
- Professional – business publicity, links to other businesses
- Personal – get back in touch with lost school friends
Please email any enquiries or suggestions regarding the network to email@example.com
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU BACK TO WARDEN PARK SOON!
Keep in touch with the Friends
Join us on Facebook. Our Facebook group is a great way of finding out about school fundraising events and the results of the monthly prize draw. It is a closed group so you’ll need to request to join, before being approved by a member of our Admin team.
Email our team. If you’re interested in helping, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your child’s name and tutor group, and we will contact you.
Come to a meeting. All are welcome to attend FoWP committee meetings. These are usually held at 7.30pm on the second Monday of the month during term time. We usually hold 2 each term. Details will be posted on Facebook and in the school newsletter.
Friends of Warden Park has helped support these brilliant school projects:
- £8,000 towards the 3G Pitch
- £10,000 for a new minibus for children to attend events
- £ 5,000 for extra data projectors
- £ 30,000 for outdoor seating and social areas
- £ 3,000 for new basketball hoops and boards
- £ 5,000 for sport coaches to support after school activities
- £ 2,000 for new table tennis tables
- Outdoor canopy
- Enrichment Fund – for our annual Enrichment Week activities.
- Trampoline coaching
- Reading pens
- £9000 for stage lighting.