our students visit the city of dreaming spires
Our Ingenium year 10 students visiting St. John’s College Oxford today.
Our very own Miss Turner to represent GB!
Food & Nutrition Year 9's
NEW CLUB: TRAVEL AGENCY CLUB
Students are invited to join our new 'Travel Agency' club, which starts from next week. It will run on Wednesdays after school in M13.
Travel agencies are businesses that involve and connect lots of subjects together.
Geography, History, MFL, English, Maths, IT skills and Business are directly interconnecting to run such a business.
Teams of students will be allocated specific roles;
- Team responsible for transport (airlines, boat, trains etc)
- Team responsible for organised activities (historical visits, museums, sports, spas, etc)
- Team responsible of preparing the travel holidays packages
- Team responsible for the financial part of the sales (costing and setting of selling prices)
- Team responsible for organising the sales (marketing, communication etc)
Students will take part in;
- Preparation of the travel packages including study of various destinations: History of the place, accessibility, accommodation, the activities to do, the visits etc.
- Costing of the travel packages and define selling prices.
- Marketing and preparation of leaflets, social media, and questionnaires to find which packages will be the most popular.
Are you a follower?
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and news, including any emergency school closure information @wardenpark
Role models enjoy another breakfast treat
Looking Ahead: IMPORTANT DATES FOR YOUR DIARY - 2021/22
Friday 24 June - Inset Day (Academy closed to students)
Friday 24 June - Year 11 Prom
Monday 27 June - Year 6 Parents Evening (joining in September 2022)
Thursday 7 July - Year 9 and 10 Sports Day
Friday 8 July - Year 7 and 8 Sports Day
Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July - Enrichment / Work Experience Work
Thursday 21 July - End of Term. Students dismissed by 1pm
Thursday 1 September - Inset Day (Academy closed to students)
Friday 2 September - Year 7 only attend
Monday 5 September - All years attend
Thursday 15 September - Open Evening (students dismissed at 12.30 pm)
Monday 24 October to Friday 28 October - Half Term
Friday 25 November - Sussex Learning Trust Inset Day (Academy closed to students)
Friday 16 December - End of Term. Students dismissed by 1 pm
Dates are subject to change - please keep an eye on your inbox and website calendar for updates
Do not rely on Google searches when looking at term dates. You must refer to term dates published in newsletter or on our website. Thank you.
FRIENDS 300 Club
Tickets are still available for the 300 club. Each ticket costs £20 and gives you 12 opportunities to win – 1 a month. 3 numbers are drawn and will win a prize – the amount will vary depending on how many tickets have been sold in a particular month. Tickets can be bought via ParentPay.
ICT Digital Services Technician
37 HOURS PER WEEK, FULL TIME SALARY £22,529 - £26,443 per annum
This is a key role within the Digital Services Team of the Trust, providing a wide range of provision and support services to enhance the delivery of learning and to support our operations. The Digital Services department leads IT infrastructure services, device management, wifi management, and other business systems.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, well-motivated and suitably qualified person who is positive, flexible and well-organised with a ‘can do’ approach; someone who is hardworking and pro-active, who can work to a programme of work but who can also use their own initiative, with a strong work ethic and time management skills. The ability to work effectively, calmly and often under time pressure is essential.
If you are interested in this role and you would like to be considered for this post, please download an application pack, available on our website www.wardenpark.co.uk .
Closing date extended.
Fundraising for a 3G defib!
Precautions to avoid heat exhaustion and sunburn
We have had a number of students coming into the medical room over the last few days complaining of headaches, feeling sick and feeling faint, and then asking to take paracetamol. On talking to them we have found that their symptoms are most likely caused by dehydration.
We would be grateful if you would reiterate to your children the importance of having a drink before leaving for school in the mornings and also bringing a water bottle with them. If they will be outside during the day, a sun hat and sunscreen would also be advisable.
There are a number of water fountains around the school where students can fill up their water bottles at break and lunchtime.
Please be assured we will not administer paracetamol (where we have consent to do so) if all they need is rehydrating.
With high temperatures currently please can you remind your child(ren) the importance of the following:
- To apply sunscreen before they come to school, and to bring this with them in order to re-apply it when necessary.
- Bringing a water bottle to school, which can be refilled at breaks and lunches as needed from the water fountains around the school.
- Wearing a sun hat/cap which covers their head, neck and ears for their PE Lessons.
- During breaks and lunches please recommend your child to find a shady spot to enjoy the weather.
Although the weather is due to cool in the coming days, we have the rest of the Summer term and September when temperatures could be well above average.
Summer holiday sports courses now live!
We have 2 Summer holiday Tennis courses too! See posters below. Please note the different dates.
has Your child just finished history in Year 11?
summer term pe clubs
Click here for our Summer term PE clubs.