STEM Trip to the University of Sussex
Grasshoppers, butterflies and spiders, oh my!
Year 8: mixed-media observational drawings of peppers and lemons
NEW CLUB: TRAVEL AGENCY CLUB
Students are invited to join our new 'Travel Agency' club, which starts from next week. It will run on Wednesdays after school in M13.
Travel agencies are businesses that involve and connect lots of subjects together.
Geography, History, MFL, English, Maths, IT skills and Business are directly interconnecting to run such a business.
Teams of students will be allocated specific roles;
- Team responsible for transport (airlines, boat, trains etc)
- Team responsible for organised activities (historical visits, museums, sports, spas, etc)
- Team responsible of preparing the travel holidays packages
- Team responsible for the financial part of the sales (costing and setting of selling prices)
- Team responsible for organising the sales (marketing, communication etc)
Students will take part in;
- Preparation of the travel packages including study of various destinations: History of the place, accessibility, accommodation, the activities to do, the visits etc.
- Costing of the travel packages and define selling prices.
- Marketing and preparation of leaflets, social media, and questionnaires to find which packages will be the most popular.
Are you a follower?
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and news, including any emergency school closure information @wardenpark
summer term pe clubs
Click here for our Summer term PE clubs.
has Your child just finished history in Year 11?
FRIENDS 300 Club
Tickets are still available for the 300 club. Each ticket costs £20 and gives you 12 opportunities to win – 1 a month. 3 numbers are drawn and will win a prize – the amount will vary depending on how many tickets have been sold in a particular month. Tickets can be bought via ParentPay.
Looking Ahead: IMPORTANT DATES FOR YOUR DIARY - 2021/22
Monday 27 June - Year 6 Parents Evening (joining in September 2022)
Thursday 7 July - Year 9 and 10 Sports Day
Friday 8 July - Year 7 and 8 Sports Day
Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July - Enrichment / Work Experience Week
Thursday 21 July - End of Term. Students dismissed by 1pm
Thursday 1 September - Inset Day (Academy closed to students)
Friday 2 September - Year 7 only attend
Monday 5 September - All years attend
Thursday 15 September - Open Evening (students dismissed at 12.30 pm)
Monday 24 October to Friday 28 October - Half Term
Friday 25 November - Sussex Learning Trust Inset Day (Academy closed to students)
Friday 16 December - End of Term. Students dismissed by 1 pm
Dates are subject to change - please keep an eye on your inbox and website calendar for updates
Do not rely on Google searches when looking at term dates. You must refer to term dates published in newsletter or on our website. Thank you.
We have the following vacancies.
Click here for our vacancies page
We have 2 Summer holiday Tennis courses too! See posters below. Please note the different dates.
We will be trialing some new lines over the coming weeks leading to the Summer holidays. There may be some slight menu changes to allow for this.
HOT NEWS: Panini's are back on sale on Tuesdays for £1.80 for a limited period!
Our NEW granola bar is a hit!
Fresh greek yoghurt, selection of fruits, compote and granola for 80 pence.
Year 10 role models enjoy breakfast on us!
Last Friday, Mr Kenrick, Miss Sloan and Mrs Pike welcomed 119 Year 10 Role Models to share a Celebration Breakfast as a reward for their hard work and dedication, and for meeting the criteria for 'role model' in their Character for Learning.
It was wonderfully encouraging to see so many students at this event, and we are extremely proud of every single one of them.
Fundraising for a 3G defib!
With high temperatures currently please can you remind your child(ren) the importance of the following:
- To apply sunscreen before they come to school, and to bring this with them in order to re-apply it when necessary.
- Bringing a water bottle to school, which can be refilled at breaks and lunches as needed from the water fountains around the school.
- Wearing a sun hat/cap which covers their head, neck and ears for their PE Lessons.
- During breaks and lunches please recommend your child to find a shady spot to enjoy the weather.
Although the weather is due to cool in the coming days, we have the rest of the Summer term and September when temperatures could be well above average.
Summer holiday sports courses now live!