OUR LATEST full INSPECTION TOOK PLACE ON 19 AND 20 JANUARY 2017
- Overall effectiveness - Good
- Effectiveness of leadership and management - Outstanding
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment - Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare - Outstanding
- Outcomes for pupils - Good
Some key findings include:
- In three years, the enthusiastic headteacher and senior leaders have raised standards in all years at the same time as protecting the school's very special culture and atmosphere.
- GCSE results in the EBacc subject were well above average in 2016. Over four out of five pupils achieved high quality grades in English and mathematics.
- Pupils are very well prepared for their future lives as thoughful, considerate and knowledgeable citizens.
- Learning has moved into a higher gear with the introduction of tablets for all pupils. Teachers and pupils use them in many effective ways to generate rapid progress.
- Pupils behave extremely well both in lessons and around the school. They are considerate, thoughtful and keen to do well. Their relationships with staff are mutually respectful. They feel safe in school.