TeaCHING ASSISTANT (SPECIAL NEEDS)
Required AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, INITIALLY FIXED TERM UNTIL JULY 2021
SALARY RANGE: SLT SUPPORT SCALE 4 (£17,196 - £19,466 PRO RATA)
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to providing high quality learning for all children and wishes to appoint a SEN Teaching Assistant primarily to support an individual pupil in Y4. The post, initially fixed term until July 2021, is for 28.5 hours per week (8:30 – 12:10 and 13:00 – 15:00, Monday to Friday), actual pro rata salary £11,004 pa. In addition, this role will include supervision of children at lunchtime – a total of 1.5 hours per week, term time only, paid at £8.75 an hour.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the challenges faced by children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Be able to recognise the strengths and talents of a child and use these to support their learning
- Be able to support an individual pupil to access the curriculum within a mainstream class.
- Teach small groups of children interventions eg. Speech and language and social skills
- Contribute towards ILP Reviews, Annual Reviews and target setting.
- Have a passion and motivation for improving the lives of all children.
- Have an optimistic attitude and be flexible to the demands of the job.
- Demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative.
- Be patient and able to stay calm and listen and value children’s views.
- Have experience of some behaviour management techniques.
- Be able to work as part of a team and be expected to contribute to its development.
- Have the ability to strictly maintain confidentiality
- Be suitably qualified for the post of Teaching Assistant ie to have good basic literacy and numeracy skills (to GCSE level or above) and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
We can offer you:
- Wonderful children who thrive in a high quality learning culture
- Skilled and friendly colleagues who strive to do the best for the children in their care
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other
We would welcome applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications. If you are passionate about making a positive impact to children's learning and are interested in applying for this role, please download further information and an application form below. Please return your completed application form by email to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and DBS clearance.
Visits to our school are highly recommended and most welcome by prior appointment with the school office Tel 01444 45126 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date/shortlisting: Tuesday 31 March (noon)
Interviews: Friday 2 April