In 2011 the Government introduced the Pupil Premium (PP) Grant to help all children reach their full potential and to achieve higher academic grades at school. The grant assists schools in providing extra resources to help improve outcomes for students who are considered to be disadvantaged in some capacity.
Schools receive the grant for students who meet one or more of the following:
- The student has been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) within the past six years.
- The student is in the care of the Local Authority.
- The student has left local authority care through adoption, a special guardianship order or child arrangements order.
- The student has a parent who is serving in HM Forces
- The student has a parent who has retired on a pension from the Ministry of Defence.
At Warden Park Secondary Academy we are committed to ensuring that all students, regardless of economic circumstances, are able to access a full curriculum. As such, some of the ways in which we choose to spend the Pupil Premium Grant are listed below:
- Funding for IPads.
- Subdised payments for the cost of educational visits.
- Subsidised payments for the cost of enrichment activities.
- Payment for food technology ingredients, DT resources, art sketchbooks.
- Payment for revision guides, calculators, text books, set texts for English.
- Contribution towards school uniforms through our second hand uniform shop.
Details of our Pupil Premium Strategy can be found here: