Our Character Mission Statement
At Warden Park Secondary Academy, we believe that the development of every students’ character is fundamental to our purpose. Our aim is to empower all of our students with the understanding that their character is equally as important to their future happiness and success in life as academic learning and qualifications. To this end, we aim to help each student develop their character and to set them on a lifetime journey of character development.
Character education is an integral part of school life. It underpins our school ethos and dictates our values and is embedded across the Academy in the following ways:
- All curriculum areas have selected some specific character traits to be a focus within their teaching.
- Each student is assessed across all curriculum areas on a CFL (Character for Learning) level.
- All assemblies have a Character focus which is further explored through the tutor programme.
- In the Year 8 Graduation scheme, students set themselves challenges with specific Character focus.
- The Kindness Council has a specific role in promoting kindness across the school.
- Staff have regular whole school INSET on implementing the development of character within their responsibility areas.