WE CURRENTLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING VACANCY AT OUR WARDEN PARK primary academY
TEACHING ASSISTANT – Y6
Start date: 4th January 2022, fixed term until July 2022
28 hours 20 mins per week, term time only
Support grade 4 £17,540 - £19,855 fte pro rata (actual starting salary £11,157 - £12,630 depending on qualifications and experience)
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to providing high quality learning for all children and wishes to appoint a Y6 Teaching Assistant. The post is for 28 hours 20 mins per week (Mon - Fri 8:30 - 12:10 and 13:00 - 15:00). The post is fixed term until July 2022.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of teaching groups of children in either KS1 or KS2;
- Be able to support individual pupils to access the curriculum within a mainstream class;
- Support individual pupils on a one-to-one basis or in a small group to develop their social, language and motor skills;
- Be expected to deliver intervention programmes to groups of children across KS2 or SEN.
- Have a passion and motivation for improving the lives of all children;
- Have an optimistic attitude and be flexible to the demands of the job;
- Demonstrate versatility, tact, commitment and the ability to use initiative;
- Be patient and able to stay calm and listen and value children’s views;
- Be able to work as part of a team and be expected to contribute to its development;
- Contribute towards IEP Reviews, Annual Reviews and target setting;
- Have the ability to strictly maintain confidentiality;
- Be suitably qualified for the post of Teaching Assistant i.e. to have good basic literacy and numeracy skills (to GCSE level or above) and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Have experience of some behaviour management techniques.
In return we can offer you:
- Wonderful children who thrive in a high quality learning culture;
- Skilled and friendly colleagues who strive to do the best for the children in their care;
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other.
We would welcome applicants with previous experience and appropriate qualifications. If you are looking for a role that will challenge and test your skillset and you would like to join our team, please download further information and application form from our website www.wardenparkprimary.co.uk . Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions on job specifics, please contact our school office on 01444 451264. Tours/visits are warmly encouraged and can also be arranged by ringing this number.
Warden Park Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.
Closing Date: Tuesday 14th December at 3pm Interview Date: Thursday, 16th December